This place

This place where we lived in love and had fallen broken hearted. How can something once familiar become an emotional wasteland. I've re-entered this lifestyle that once consumed me for years and now, though it holds our wandering spirits, I wonder whether I have grown far past this home... far past you.


Why do we allow ourselves to swerve from reality; losing grip with what must be done just for the sake of consoling impressions of what we believed we could be. But when I re-enter our wistful surroundings, I am encountered with pits of pain and happiness. Every memory comes creeping back and I am faced with an internal struggle: do I sit here and wrestle through nostalgia or walk away. Sometimes it's better to feel something, even if painful, as a reminder of what's worth fighting for. I might have left this behind, but this place is a time capsule of all the boundless effort I had once given.


These thoughts are all-encompassing and I miss you... or maybe I don't. I guess I'm still figuring it out. 


*Photography taken from web.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive