Brunch Brigade

      *Scones at Mildred's Temple Kitchen 

Not only am I an absolute coffee fiend, I am an avid brunch-ee. Now if you are not familiar with the ways of brunch, it is a lazy luxury in which I can wake up mid afternoon and combine the beauty of both breakfast and lunch. I can't remember a time when this heavenly meal wasn't a part of my weekend routine and I'm glad the city feels the same way. In recent years Toronto restaurants and cafes have added brunch as a popular feature to their menus. Some fresh start-ups are even functioning solely as brunch cafes.

In the last few weeks I've been to a variety of eateries/cafes that offer brunches and here are just a few that I frequent or will begin to!

1. School Restaurant, Liberty Village
Brunch EVERY DAY! They know how to please.
recommendations: my absolute favourite SUPER CHEESY FRENCH TOAST (ft. below)

2. Mildred's Temple Kitchen, Liberty Village
Brunch held from 10am-3pm 
recommendations: fresh baked scones & blueberry pancakes

3. Bonjour Brioche, Riverside/Leslieville
cute french patisserie
recommendations: quiche or tarte du jour -- their sandwiches are also quite good.


4. Le Gourmand 
cute french patisserie #2
recommendations:  fresh baked (chewy) cookies; egg bacon & cheese croissant; creme brule french toast

5. Grapefruit Moon, Bathurst (between Dupont & Bloor)
Brunch every sat-sun 9am-4pm. A place of eclectic feels.
recommendations: I love all day breakfasts, but my friend fell in love with the huevos rancheros.

6. Sadie's Diner, Portland&King W
A vegan/vegetarian's paradise breakfast&lunch *they don't actually have a brunch
recommendations: breakfast burrito or traditional breakfast; veggie BLT & western sandwich


*apologies for not having photos from all locations 

4 comments:

  1. Hey Dasha, great meeting you on Sat. Thanks for taking some pictures, but guess what I accidentally formatted my camera so everything is gone. However, was only able to save 40% of them. Anyways, beautiful photos. This is def. making me hungry! oh gosh. Keep in touch.

    http://sincerelymissj.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was lovely meeting you! Don't worry too much about the photos, I have a ton I'll be putting up on this blog, as well as http://www.natalieast.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hunn, if I do use anyone of them I will be sure to give you full credit and link your site back.However, I maybe able to use what I have. Thanks again

      Delete
    2. Just letting you know I posted the pictures! Keep in touch x

      Delete

 

Blog Archive