It's Complicated

stay here. (by hey, there you are)
moleskine sketches

"Where do you want to go," you ask me. 
Options of this and/or that rack my mind. I realize that you, like I, have no semblance of an idea for what to do. In the grand scheme, you too are intimidated, confused and completely unaware of what may lay ahead.

"I can't choose, what do you want?" I respond. 

Do you ever get the itching desire to fulfill some great purpose in life. To generate something beautiful, creative, revolutionary, different - knowing that what you are doing is what you should be doing. 

We both stand motionless, presumably weighing our options. What is there to do? 

It isn't that you and I are bored or dissatisfied. I could say that we are stuck somewhere between a whimsical dream and a woeful reality. Often undecided and unwilling to commit to anything. "[We] wanted everything because [we] didn't want anything enough."

Someday, I won't worry and rethink every decision I have ever made. Until then, you and I, we're floating through And(s)/Or(s), unable to stay grounded or be sure.



"I once wrote a book and called it, And/Or.
It was about choosing between either, or having the option of both.
I'm not sure why I wrote it. Perhaps it had something to do with how I looked at life.
My lack of care. My Indecision.
I wanted everything because I didn't want anything enough."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive