clutter in my head


Literature quote of the day from Canadian author Zsuzsi Gartner's collection of short stories All The Anxious Girls On Earth:
Too many people told her to relax when they were going off the rails themselves.

Side note: I have this severe love for writing marginalia into every novel I read. I enjoy writing my opinions and drawing doodles as I go to emulate the emotions I'm feeling at the time. Then, when I pass my book on to family and friends or even choose to reread it years later, there is this nostalgic recognition that passes over as a reminder of the person I (perhaps) used to be.
I think it's a fun way to involve oneself along with other readers in the experience of reading, as well as shifting and layering perspectives.

Hip-hip-hurray for psychological interpretations (oh yeah, I went there)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive